BTR AMP is the premier alternative to the native iOS Music app for listening to YOUR music collection. Yeah, all of those CD’s sitting in your closet and MP3’s sitting on your hard drive. We waited years for someone to build it… we got tired of waiting… so we built it.
BTR AMP is not a streaming music service such as Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music or Apple Music – BTR Labs listens to more than one of those services on a daily basis ourselves.
BTR AMP optimizes your offline music player experience, expanding far beyond what the native iOS Music app does for you and your personal music library.
Rediscover your CD collection & iTunes library by importing them into iOS’s most comprehensive & user friendly music player today… because your music library deserves better!
We wanted the best way to organize our music collection directly on our iPhone/iPad and the most efficient way to get at the songs that we want to play
- Support for music located both within BTR AMP and in your iTunes Music Library (1)
- Familiar, clean, modern iOS 15 look and feel including full support for iOS Dark Mode
- Support for all popular lossless, lossy, and Hi-Res (i.e., 96kHz/24bit) audio file formats (MP3, M4A, M4B, MP4, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, AIF)
- Seamless presentation of YOUR music as a single library regardless of music location
- Browse your library by genre, artist, album, compilation, composer, or song
- Keep track of what songs, albums, artists, genres, and composers are your “Favorites“
- Custom tab shortcuts – “pin” a particular sort/filter combination as its own new tab and re-order the tabs to make getting to your music faster
- Best of breed Apple CarPlay support that is configurable via the custom tab shortcuts
- Featured screen – play or browse albums or playlists recently added or played, along with Favorites
- File management operations (rename, move, delete) for files copied into BTR AMP
- Large media library support – only constraint is the amount of storage on your device
- Tag editor for all relevant tags – ID3, iTunes, etc.
- Custom Tags – BTR AMP EXCLUSIVE – organize your music library in nearly unlimited ways
- Display of media codec info (e.g., “MP3 320 kbps” or “AAC 320 kbps” or “FLAC 1400 kbps”) for songs and albums
- Cover art both displayable and editable throughout the app
- Touching, swiping, and long pressing actions provide numerous avenues for interacting with your music library
- Full support for the iPad’s larger screen
We wanted the best way to efficiently move music onto and off of our iPhone/iPad
- Built-in Windows SMB client – connect directly to your home Windows/Mac/Linux computer from BTR AMP to download YOUR music files
- Built-in Google Drive client – connect directly to your Google Drive from BTR AMP to download YOUR music files
- WebDAV HTTP transfer – turn your iPhone into a WIFI drive accessible via web browser or WebDAV client on PC/Mac
- iOS Files App integration – “On My iPhone/iPad” under “BTR AMP” – your music files are not trapped inside of BTR AMP
- Airdrop and iOS Sharing – into BTR AMP and out of BTR AMP and both single/multiple files along with whole folders
- Share from other apps into BTR AMP using “Copy to BTR AMP“
- iCloud Drive
- iTunes File Sharing
We wanted the best way to listen to our music – just looking at the music library isn’t much fun
- Full support for playback via USB DAC’s for HiRes Audio support, even while connected to CarPlay – AudioQuest’s DragonFly Cobalt (up to 96 kHz /24 bit) and FiiO’s BTR5 (up to 352.8 kHz/24 bit) have both been verified
- Comprehensive Siri support – tell Siri what you want to listen to and BTR AMP will play it
- Smart Playlists
- This feature is EXCLUSIVE to BTR AMP on iOS
- Dynamic playlists that actually work the way they should
- Create custom rules that auto-refresh the contents of the playlist as your music library changes and you listen to your music
- 10-band equalizer with 20+ presets
- Gapless, crossfade, and forced gap playback modes
- Complete play queue management
- via Play Now, Play Next, and Play Last actions available everywhere throughout the app
- play queue editing (re-order and remove)
- saving the play queue as a playlist
- repeat (one song, entire play queue, or none) and shuffle
- Always visible MiniPlayer
- Configurable seek forward and seek backward buttons in player (default to 10s back and 30s forward)
- AirPlay support
- Background playback, control via lock screen, headphones, Bluetooth car stereo, etc.
- Low battery consumption
(1) Music either purchased on the iTunes Store (2) or imported via iTunes on your PC/Mac)
(2) BTR AMP currently offers “experimental” support for playback of iTunes Store purchases with DRM or located in the iTunes Store CLOUD
- iOS 14 or higher
News, bug reports, and feature requests for BTR AMP should be directed at the following:
BTR AMP is a membership service with a free one-month trial. The free trial requires signing up for the monthly or yearly subscription. Cancel at least 24 hours before the trial ends to avoid regular monthly or yearly membership subscription fees. If you absolutely love BTR AMP, purchase the Infinity Membership as a one-time purchase! All memberships allow unlimited use across all of your devices.
Your music is never deleted by BTR AMP, regardless of your membership status. Without an active membership, you can still use the app, but playback is disabled.
• Unlimited access on all of your devices
• Both Monthly and Yearly Membership subscription options available
• One-time purchase “Infinity Membership” option available
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless automatic renewal is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and automatic renewal status in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
We have put thousands of hours into creating BTR AMP and plan on putting thousands more into making it the only music player app for iOS worth using. We read every single one of your reviews. If you enjoy using BTR AMP please take a minute to leave us a nice review, thank you!